As the World's Billionaires create history by taking historic flights into space, a new era of spaceflights and space flyers has been ushered in. This event brought a dramatic change in what people thought about space and the careers involved in this sector. This flight into space has made many youngsters inquisitive about space and are excited to learn more about it. The recent endeavors by the Indian Space Research Organisation have also played a major role in changing the mindset of many.
Now that we are talking about space, we cannot stop without mentioning our Young Entrepreneur Shivam Kumar Singh who is the founder and CEO at Spaceonova. He has made a huge impact in the field of space sciences through his startup company called Spaceonova.
Coming from a humble background, Shivam has been a bright student throughout his academic years. He has always been an inquisitive mind with a passion for solving problems. He mentions how he had many ideas in his mind when he was young but because there were no platforms supporting his ideas, he dropped them eventually. That is when he decided that he would excel in this field so that children like him would have access to better education.
At the age where most youngsters are out partying or planning getaways, Shivam was collaborating with various communities to create a platform for the coming generations to learn about Space Science. Initially, it started as a club in 2019 called Vyoma, and in 2020 it was launched as a trademarked company. On being asked about the name of the company, Shivam chuckles and says, “I wanted to include the word Nova in the name because as a casanova is crazy about women, similarly, Spaceonova is made for people crazy about space!” “We are spreading awareness and curiosity among youngsters about the benefits of space sciences and exploration at any stage of their lives”, says Shivam.
Today, Spaceonova is a leading Space Education Company with a vision to enable literally anyone to be a space technologist. The sole aim is to establish a global community of space exploration that is within the reach of everybody and which enables the students to choose a particular career in the field of Space Sciences and Exploration. They are providing students with necessary internships and work opportunities that will enable them to take up jobs in the field of Space and Technology. They help satisfy the quench to know about space and how one can create a career in it.
Shivam mentions that he wants to make careers in space sound as normal as becoming a Doctor or an Engineer is. Spaceonova strives to make careers in space something which is not out of reach for anyone.
On being asked about what he thinks of success, Shivam very humbly says,” Success for me means, the time when I am able to do what I want to do and whenever I want to do it!.” As a young entrepreneur, he has a few pieces of advice to share with future entrepreneurs.
- Have mentors for both your business and for your overall well-being.
- Never be dependent on anyone, no matter how close.
- Never hesitate to ask for help.
- Invest in your personal growth and learnings.
- Your network is your net worth.
- Fuse your foundational values in the culture of your company as it will eventually become your USP ;)
- Be humble, respectful and grateful.
- Love your family and your life partner to the fullest.
- Track your expenses well.
- You don't need an office to run your business.
- You can start your company with as low money as 3000 INR.
- Being an early-stage startup and building it from scratch, most of your initial members will stick with you only for a year or less, so be ready to firefight stuff alone anytime.
- Select only those members who share similar values with yours especially when it comes to the core team.
- Always remember why you started and what your mission is.
- Never get excited by someone's appreciation and depressed by their negative comments.
- Always reply to your emails and messages though you need not reply to them the same instant.
- Your mindset is your biggest asset.
- Help yourself to help others.
By the year 2025, the startup promises to create a platform where anyone can learn, create, innovate and impact. His company wants to provide project-based knowledge through the courses they provide so that the students can find solutions to the existing problems in the field and grow towards a brighter future. They have been able to impact over 28000 students till now and the number keeps increasing with each passing day.
So in case you wish to know the cosmos better, this is the place to be!
Spaceonova is preparing the next generation of space leaders and improving the overall quality of education through mentor, student, and community programs.
With these numerous and varied courses that they have planned, Spaceonova definitely is making a change in the Universe!